Wednesday 14 November 2012

What to do this weekend in Birmingham

What's mine is yours and what's yours is mine.
With what we have lets put it together and we can shine

'My favourite things' Outkast



It's Wednesday, mid-week, hump day, whatever you want to call it, all that matters is that it's almost the weekend, which is exactly what is occupying my thoughts. 

This Saturday 17th November, Birmingham will be having it's first 'Vintage Fayre and Suitcase Rummage,' and yours truly will be taking part, manning a stall and selling my wares out of a couple of old suitcases. Hosted by Sue of Reclaim To Fame (who's work is that of my best friend's aunt) in Selly Oak's Methodist Church from 11am-2pm. 



Alongside vintage sellers such as Loyal Tea Vintage, Redditch based Love Vintage and Birmingham's Forgotten Vintage, there will also be ample opportunity to snap up some unique presents in time for Christmas. (Yes it's barely November and we're already talking Christmas!) Jewellery from the likes of Spangle & Dangle, and Vintage Junkie, artwork from Amber Drew, Stephen Hewson and Jurassic Panda, homewares, photography and hand crafted artwork will all be available. You will also be able to get your hands on some contemporary Christmas decorations from Sweetheart Designs.

When it all gets a bit too much and you are in need of a little pick me up, refreshments, cake pops and sweet treats will be on sale from Sarahs SweetFeet

For me, this couldn't have been timed better. I am moving to London, and have long avoided a trip to the bottom of Narnia, which to everyone else is known as my (vast) wardrobe(s), as sadly, I cannot take everything with me. Having now amassed a pile of goodies, my task will be to transform what resembles the aftermath of a mass trying on session into something that is more presentable like this...



(Inspirational images from the event page)

Admission to the event is just 50p, which might otherwise get you a Mars Bar if you shop around. As I don't like Mars Bars, for me it's a no-brainer decision. More information on the event can be found here and here. I'll be taking lots of pictures, and hopefully I'll go home with some of the money I make on the day. I will not be operating a sell-one-buy-one policy... she says...


Hopefully see some all of you on Saturday!

KDx



No comments:

Post a Comment