Wednesday 2 May 2012

I won’t give up, and I won’t up and go


Disclosure ft Sinead Harnett "Boiling"

From the ebay littered posts you wouldn’t be discouraged from thinking that everything I buy is from ebay. To a certain extent, I guess this would be partly true, but you can literally buy everything you could ever want on ebay, it’s needless to say I have lost a few hours of my time through endless scrolling. I digress, sometimes, I do actually like to go in to a shop and buy real things; it’s a completely different type of satisfaction from paying nothing for something over the interwebs, but after all I am a girl, and so  shopping in any of it’s forms always raises a smile! 

Here's what I have been buying

 New Look  Studded slip-on loafers £17.99 and statement necklaces £4 and £2

I have been looking for a pair of 'inbetween' black shoes since it officially changed season (despite the weather having a stubborn turn and reverting back to seasons past). It doesn't help that I find black shoes boring and/or safe. I have some black patent loafers, which are fine, some would even say nice, but I hate wearing them. They make me feel matronly, and standing at 5ft 10, it's not a feeling I am keen to retain. These slip-ons, despite resembling a house shoe, are spot on, and available here. My other purchases came in the form of statement necklaces for £4 and £2, throw-away money! My jewellery buying habits seem to go in cycles, I become obsessed and buy in abundance, leaving me with a 100 plus ring collection alone.

This Sunday sees me compete in the final of Miss Worcestershire 2012. The required 'Evening wear' filled me with dread, until I saw this beauty online and subsequently sold out. I imagined if I was attending anything more glam than the opening of a works event (a girl can but dream) this is what I would want to wear, simple but well cut, unusual colour, and subtle.


Topshop Clean T-shirt Maxi Dress £58 

Her name is Ginger, or rather the colour is. The dress fits beautifully, skimming rather than hugging, and feels and looks so much more expensive than the £58 price tag. I was lucky enough to find this hanging on the wall in Topshop during my shopping trip last week to the Bullring as part of the birthday bender, my heart actually did a flutter when I knew it was within reach. I was also fortunate enough to still have a £20 gift card burning a hole in my purse, which makes this dress even more loveable. 

Saving the best buy until last. The Blazer. And I do mean the blazer.

Oasis Colour Block Collar Jacket £60


Even before I put together this post I had been long lusting from afar for the perfect blazer. Lightweight and light in colour. That's when this came onto my radar. Neutral still, though slightly darker than I thought I wanted, but after re-evaluation, the likelihood of me being able to keep anything lighter clean for longer than 5 minutes seemed unlikely, I'd like to waiver the right to anonymity and blame make-up for the would be finger marks.

Here's how I wore it (all)
Oasis colour block collar blazer, New Look statement necklace, horse print head scarf and studded slip-ons, Warehouse green belt and Levi's cut offs

My exploits for the rest of the week centre around Sunday, so much so I can't even contemplate a little drinking and dancing this weekend at any point! I do have a jaunt to London next weekend planned so I will more than make up for it. I'll be sure to let you know how I do :)

Enjoy the rest of your week

KDx


No comments:

Post a Comment