Sunday 13 May 2012

I'll keep the dance floor warm

Jessie Ware "110%"


It actually felt like May this weekend, the sun was out and I had the pleasure of spending my time in London; East Putney to be precise. My friend recently made the big move to the big city and the long awaited time had come for me to see her in her new surroundings, the end result has left me feeling  a little lack lustre about being back up in middle England-I want to stay and play in London forever! The fact that she lives right by the Thames and overlooks Wadsworth Park definitely had nothing to do with it. 

We spent Saturday pub hopping in the sunshine- it was deceptively colder than I was led to believe, the English  weather has a habit of doing that I find. 

Oasis leather jacket, American Apparel long sleeved body, Miss Selfridge skirt and Marks and Spencer boots via ebay, River Island belt, and River Island bag via British Heart Foundation

First a note about the bag, bargain find of the week, £8.99 for this almost new River Island bag from British Heart Foundation; charity shop shopping is a favourite lunch time filler for me. The outfit picture was taken in the first pub we went into called The Normanby, the interior was made up of odd bits of furniture that were all available to buy, I can imagine that could be quite lethal after a few too many drinks and thinking that the sofa is so comfy that you should literally have it at home, could make for a very expensive round... 

Inside the Normanby, the table in the front was a bargain at £150!

The Normanby was followed by the Coat and Badger, before we went to The Boat House on the Thames and enjoyed our 4th and 5th Aspall. East Putney has some really nice pubs with heap loads of character, if you're in London and want somewhere new to explore then it comes highly recommended. I picked up some flyers from the pubs along the way, 1) To jog my memory once I'd gotten home and 2) I just loved the old man swishing his vino!


Saturday night revolved around getting dolled up, drinking and dancing. We started in Leicester Square before heading off to Chinawhite in Central London. 

Topshop leopard body and River Island skirt via ebay, Dorothy Perkins belt and shoes, Miss Selfridge earrings

If you noticed that there's something slightly amiss in this picture, then you would not be wrong, Saturday night was the first night I'd ever gone out sans glasses, I've been wearing them for 12 years or so, admittedly reluctantly at first, but I now own around 20 pairs. I even wear contact lenses on the weekends so I can wear cheap 'fashion' glasses to give me a different look from when I am in my glasses all week at work. I am tempted to wean myself off glasses gradually, I think it's a comfort thing, like a bit of a barrier, me against the world in my glasses! It's a feeling of being a bit exposed without them, anyone would think I'd gone out without any clothes on the way I am talking. If you don't wear glasses then all this has probably gone straight over your head! As for Chinawhite's it was a really good night, we were very well looked after in there, which is why I had no problem falling asleep on the train back home! Sadly no celeb spots to report!

Hope you all enjoyed the weekend only five more days until the next one...

KDx





No comments:

Post a Comment