Sunday 29 April 2012

King without a throne, heart without a home

Monsta "Holdin' On"


Happy Birthday to me!


So on Thursday I turned another year older, (it's not polite to ask a woman her age, but I was 24 for those of you that are interested) and since then I have been celebrating with fun and friends, the only way I know how. I love birthdays, mine more than anyone else's of course.


I got taken out for sushi, pizza, the cinema, more pizza, cake and shopping. 4 day weekends really are the best, I wish it could be my birthday every weekend!


Here are the outfits from the last few days, I do like short shorts!


Cardigan YMCA charity shop, American Apparel U-back body, Zara pony skin pumps and Topshop high waisted shorts via ebay

I love this cardigan, it's quite possibly the best thing I have ever spent a pound on. Should I ever win the lottery I will take this back and this will be the second best thing I ever brought for a pound, but I guess if I want to win I should start playing...

Zara pony skin pumps, Levi's high waisted shorts (that started out as trousers) and purple River Island blazer via ebay, white New Look vest, Miss Selfridge gold knot chain and charity shop scarf

Those of you that are regular readers will be well aware of my fickle fashion dilemas, and no, your eyes are not deceiving you, I am wearing a blazer. This isn't 'the' blazer that I've been eyeing, but it was a cheapy impulse purchase from the favourite ebay. I do love the colour, it is best described as Cadbury's purple, but that's the problem, I feel like a walking bar of chocolate. I wonder how many people had an unexplained urge to buy chocolate after seeing me out shopping? I know I certainly felt a little Willy Wonka in this outfit.

The birthday dress and vodka from a tea cup


 Dress River Island, Miss Selfridge gold knot necklace, Topshop black ankle boots various jewellery from H&M, charity shops and Topshop.

A somewhat demure birthday outfit, completely unintended. I really like the sporty vibe of this dress, which seems to be satisfying my innate urge to go all out 90s. (Via 1950s America.) I think this dress will have a lot of mileage in it, if and when the weather gets a bit warmer I will be looking forward to wearing it in the day with some sleeveless denim and my Converse. 

Only a short post today, as there are more pressing issues weighing on my mind, like the 'Olympic themed Eco dress' I am making for the Miss Worcestershire final next weekend, a little snippet of what to come can be seen in the background of my birthday outfit picture.

More on that to come. 

KDx

No comments:

Post a Comment