Thursday 12 April 2012

I'm sorry I know, I'm out of touch

TEED (Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs) "Tapes & Money"

Firstly apologies for the blogging hiatus; over a whole week since my last post. I haven't been blogging for long but I decided I was going to try and post at least twice a week, but seeing as my blogging schedule met for the first time the Bank Holiday weekend, it's fair to say that I am nothing without routine! So as much as I have enjoyed my 5 day weekend, I am thankful to get some normality back in my life and get to bed before the sun comes up, (Yes I am a dirty stop out!) In my defence, this Easter Sunday saw me host my charity event 'Mr. Miss Redditch' to raise money for the Official Miss World's Charity, 'Beauty With a Purpose,' that supports the work of children's charities worldwide.

Here's a bit of a picture heavy post of outfits, firstly Friday with the girls. This was taken kindly by Momma Bear in our kitchen before we went out for drinks and dancing, and I supposedly found my 50s style twin on a cocktail menu:




Bandeau crop Primark, Miss Selfridge hi-low hem skirt via ebay, carboot belt,  gifted Topshop black platform boots and jewellery H&M, Miss Selfridge, Warehouse and charity shops.
 (l-r Emma River Island dress, Aimee Warehouse dress, Laura H&M dress, standing on tiptoes optional)

Personally I think it was the flowers and the mass of hair that did it.

Saturday night casual at the pub. (Final preparations for my event)


Gifted Oasis leather jacket, H&M shirt (ribbon added myself), Topshop high waisted shorts via ebay and New Look black ankle boots

I really did not want to make an effort on Saturday, at this point I had already got two nights out under my belt, and all I wanted to do was sleep.

This is what I wore on Sunday to play the hostess with mostest (money). My event raised just under £200! I don't think I am going to be able to stop saying thank-you to everyone involved any time soon. I am so touched by their support, generosity and cooperation. (See I am off already! God help me if I ever win an Oscar...)


Topshop leopard print body and River Island white skater skirt via ebay, Dorothy Perkins yellow belt and gifted Topshop platform boots

The morning afternoon after the night before, Monday. The sole purpose of me getting dressed was to venture back up to the pub and retrieve my car, my belongings and the money I had raised after a rather heavy sambucca laden celebration. I woke up having taken one single solitary picture the whole night, which was 6 shots of sambucca lined up at the bar. I would like to think that was a message from my drunken self, to my sober self to explain the fuzzy feeling and emptiness of purse come Monday morning. This is basically the outfit I wore here with a few additions.


 Topshop tall burnout t-shirt, cut-off mens Levi's that I made into shorts, Zara ankle boots and Next faux sheepskin via ebay, Dorothy Perkins yellow belt, New Look headscarf and Miss Selfridge pendant necklace

And finally to round up the Bank Holiday bender, this is what I wore on Tuesday for shopping with Momma and to feast on Sushi at a place called Woktastic in the Paradise Forum in Birmingham, its £10 all you can eat at lunch time, and the sushi kicks Yo out of the water! (Although no sashimi-which is a fave of mine) 



If you remember back here I posted about the ubiquitous denim shirt, well here is how I wore mine, the denim shirt in question is New Look, but I took it in by hand to make it fit like a dress, worn with Zara ponyskin pumps, Oasis leather jacket and Dorothy Perkins necklace. Just to keep my modesty intact and ensure there wasn't any Sharon Stone style indecent exposure, I went all out and wore double denim, I had my Topshop denim highwaisted shorts underneath, this didn't stop me from being asked if I had forgotten my trousers... some people just don't get it!!


KD x

No comments:

Post a Comment