Sunday 15 July 2012

Swimsuit issues with my toes curled in the grooves

Friendly Fires "Jump in the pool"

Apologies for the blogger hiatus, I hadn't 'gone fishing,' I just have had a lot of stuff to get did. But back to the task in hand and what I do know, Ibiza is a mere 9 days away. 

In line with my suggestions of a statement necklace in my previous post here, you might just need something to wear it with. Admittedly in the impending heat I am expectant hopeful of, I am  planning on keeping clothing to a minimal. 

The swimsuit is having a bit of a moment in fash-land. In the land of everyone outside the warm fuzzy clothing bubble, it means that retailers have taken note and the design teams have given this often much neglected piece of swimwear a glam-over. For a long time the beloved cozzie was the go-to piece for anyone who didn't feel that they were beach ready or had something to hide, but this left the wearer widely regarded with suspicion, what are they trying to hide? Instead of allowing the wearer to remain inconspicuous, the opposite was the result; you can't help but admire the wearer who has chosen to swathe themselves in skin tight lycra in a bid to hide their most loathed attribute.

Oh how the tables have turned. Swimsuits have been cut-out, laser cut, laced-up, lace backed, criss-crossed, crossed-over and then some. These are cozzies to be seen in, and demand attention. Warning: Confidence not supplied.

Here are my pick of the bunch. 

Under £5

H&M Swimsuit £4.49

This arrived on my doorstep today, it has sold out online in black now, but may still be available in stores. I'm 5ft 10 and proportionally wise I can get away with it... just. It's fair to say I will be keeping my musical appreciative arm raises to a minimum to save my graces. I will be wearing this and channelling my inner 1950s film star, wearing it with a gold gladiator-esque vintage rope belt and cat-eye sunglasses. (I didn't say these swimsuits would be for swimming!)

Brigitte Bardot at Cannes in 1953 
Photo courtesy of the telegraph.co.uk

Under £15
Another sale bargain



River Island Pink Palm Swimsuit £15

This swimsuit looks like it could be a body, which is how I would wear it away from the pool, with some denim shorts, a cocktail in hand, an air of nonchalance and some pastel coloured wayfarers. Think Club Tropicana...

Another under £15


I'd wear this one with a a statement fluro necklace and a pair of colour pop wedges in pink or orange to really play against the cobalt blue of this swimsuit.

And for the dreamers:

We Are Handsome Vacation palm sunset swimsuit £190

If I wanted to spend more on swimwear than my holiday, a couple of We Are Handsome swimsuits would easily do it.

I've just put a few things in my case in intrepid anticipation of the upcoming holiday in question. I thought I'd weigh it, just to see how I was doing...Already at 11 of my 15kg limit. I honestly thought I was right on the money this time packing. Amateur at work clearly.

Now to unpack and re-pack. A cycle I am sure will continue throughout the week.

KDx



No comments:

Post a Comment