Sunday 22 April 2012

So hold her down with soggy clothes and breezeblocks

Alt J "Breezeblocks"


A decidedly quiet weekend due to the absolutely hectic 6-day working week, which culminated in the event that we had been meticulously planning actually taking place on the Saturday. There is nothing more depressing on a Friday than settling down in front of the television as you set your alarm for 6:45am. Now, it's not because I am not a morning person, I really am reasonably perky first thing, but knowing you have to hold back on a weekend until Saturday night to really enjoy what there is of a weekend makes me sad. Just plain sad! All the stress was worth it in the end though as the event was a huge success. For some light relief I went out for a curry with some of the boys and girls on Saturday night. I should have known as soon as I wore an outfit that involved heels I was really gearing myself for an actual night out. One drink, and one more, before you know it it's 4am. Quiet curry? I really should know myself better than this by now.


Topshop leopard print body, Warehouse burgundy jeans both via ebay, New Look patent heels and Warehouse green belt. Jewellery Miss Selfridge, charity shop, and H&M

This is exactly the sort of night where I had envisaged I would always wear a 'jeans and heels' combination, going out for something to eat when you want to look dressed up, but not like you've got sidetracked on the way to the club. It's also a time when I imagine a blazer would come in handy... I am edging closer to nailing down 'The One!'

This weekend really was all about Sunday. In my group of girl friends there is about 13 of us, give or take a couple, and another one of our friends is pregnant and Sunday was the day of her baby shower. She knew of the date, but nothing more, so it was as much a surprise to her as to us when we walked into the school hall venue to be greeted by a Mad Hatters style tea party, envy doesn't even come close to how I felt-it was beautiful, and  so damn tasty!


Vintage china tea cups and saucers, tea in a teapot and cute cakes. In this picture there is courgette cake with cream cheese frosting and sugar biscuits, my first of many cups of tea and ginger and lemongrass lemonade. I made sure I sampled as much of what was on offer as possible, the lemon meringue cupcakes and white chocolate cupcakes both came highly recommended. After gorging myself on cakes (to the point of feeling sick) I could only fit in one measly sandwich, which meant I missed out on chocolate orange cake pops, sandwiches cut into triangles, (the best way to eat sandwiches in my opinion) and chocolate cornflake cakes. The savoury and sweet treats were all made by my friend's very talented family, I think between them they have all creative bases covered, from artists to bakers! This is what I wore for what turned out for me to be a cake fest come babyshower, luckily my choice of loose fitting dress allowed for maximum cake consumption.


River Island dress and Zara leopard print pumps via ebay, charity shop belt and Dorothy Perkins belt

Next week is the beginning of the 'Birthday Week', it's basically me giving myself a hall pass to do whatever the hell I like because it's my birthday, sadly if it involves any more cake I think I might just blow. A birthday week without cake... let's see how long this lasts!

Hope some of you managed a healthier weekend than I did, needless to say my intentions on heading to the gym after returning from the pub didn't plan out. Tomorrow I will put myself through my paces, famous last words!

KDx



No comments:

Post a Comment