Sunday 15 April 2012

You've got a heart as loud as lions, So why let your voice be tamed?

Emeli Sande "Read All About It Pt.III"


This weekend has been a complete change of tempo compared to the last, I was so right about having a bit of routine back in my life. But it wouldn't be a weekend without at least one night out with the girls; throwing my arms around uncontrollably to some awesome music and generally having a bit of a giggle. This was my party outfit of choice for Friday's antics:
New Look grey vest (tied and tucked up into a crop) River Island leopard belt, River Island white skater skirt via ebay, gifted black Topshop platform boots, Miss Selfridge gold knot chain necklace and River Island feather earrings

We went to a night in Birmingham called Nude, at Bluu Bar on Summer Row that we hadn't been to before, so we didn't know what to expect, but we were pleasantly surprised, the music was brilliant! Disclosure's remix of Jessie Ware's running was playing within seconds of me getting to the bar so I was hopeful that the music would remain at the same standard all night, and I wasn't disappointed; the curve ball came in the form of the mix of old school garage and house music, real feel good music! 

Despite consuming nothing but vodka and jager bombs all night, the hangover felt no need to rear it's head on Saturday which meant lunch with the girls:



Lilac Love Label skirt, Topshop lilac body, Topshop grey heart pumps all via ebay, pale blue H&M belt, gifted Oasis leather jacket, Miss Selfridge neon necklace

I am typically a girly dresser, as I've posted previously trousers are a new venture as are shorts, although they are becoming a firm favourite, and this is my updated take on 'ladies lunch attire.' The twin-set has been replaced by a coordinating skirt and top and the pearls with some neon diamanté. Lilac is fast becoming my favourite pastel shade for the coming season, however, mint is a contender. I am hoping to get a mint-on-mint outfit together soon. You really shouldn't be put off by putting the same colours together, to stop it looking washed out, mix textures and tones, the body is paler than the skirt, and the pleats of the skirt add some interest. In order to stop this outfit veering too far into old lady territory (a purple rinse would have seriously over stepped the mark!) I added my leather biker jacket to update the look, as a reminder that I haven't played smash and grab in a gran's wardrobe.  

For Christmas I had brought my bestest tickets for us to go and see Emeli Sande, the gig was Saturday night at the HMV Institute in Birmingham. It was an early gig, with the doors opening at 6pm, having listened to not much else but her album at work, I chose a suitably dressed down outfit:

(More) Levi's denim shorts brought as jeans via ebay, Amplified customised Run DMC T-shirt, Dune leopard pumps, Miss Selfridge necklace and Dorothy Perkins belt

Emeli. Was. Incredible. That girl has got a serious set of lungs on her! Her album by no means does her any justice, she has such a powerful voice, it almost feels listening to the album after having seen her live that she really reigned it in to record the songs. I don't think I had a favourite of the night, because they all sounded so amazing, it was really nice to hear her influences for the songs, and to get an insight into what someone's thoughts were when writing a song. Interesting fact, Emeli Sande was studying to be a Doctor before becoming a singer, whodda thunk it?! In regards to the outfit, these are my third pair of Levi's cut-offs, which naturally means they are my new favourites. I think I managed to cut these into the style I envisaged in my head, they do say third time lucky.




Apologies for the near unrecognisable pictures. Thankfully Emeli has such distinctive quiff of hair!

Sunday is undecided. Hangover free and no plans...I thought I best make some effort, just in case. I think that phrase sums me up perfectly Karmen 'just in case' Deanne. I find it difficult to leave the house regardless of  the weather forecast without an umbrella, always carry a pen and a notepad... Yeah I am so wild.


American Apparell U-back navy body, carboot sale belt, Zara leopard print pumps and vintage Next pleated skirt via ebay


Hope everyone enjoyed their weekends. There has been a development on the blazer debacle. But more on that to come.

KDx

No comments:

Post a Comment