Thursday 10 May 2012

Got to be true to myself

Alex Clare "Too Close"

I'd been putting this post off as I was hoping I would have had the pictures from the Miss Worcestershire Finals that took place on Sunday, but sadly I haven't had my permissions to download them, I was tempted to do it anyway, but I didn't. I guess those of you that are on Facebook can check them out here, and those of you that can hold out, can wait for them to feature in a later beauty pageant related post.


So here's to another host of bank holiday weekend outfits, starting with Friday night 



Oasis Blazer, Topshop ruffle crop vest and high waisted shorts via ebay, Topshop platfrom ankle boots and Miss Selfridge earrings

The Blazer, I couldn't resist wearing it again, the love is still strong. This is what I wore to the pub, I would say 'out for drinks', but for me that consisted of two Red Bulls and a Cranberry juice as I played designated driver; Sunday's fast approaching final was beginning to make me nervy without the added hangover paranoia!

Oasis leather jacket, American Apparel black body, Miss Selfridge dip hem skirt and Marks and Spencer boots via ebay

I'd been after some ankle boots for an absolute age! Ever since I saw the onslaught of blogger come streetstyle photos, the Isabel Marant/Acne Pistol boot seemed to be the favourite shoe du jour. My issue was being 5ft 10, I didn't want a heel that made me noticeably taller, but I did want some sort of heel that I could comfortably wear all day. I'd seen these boots originally on the Marks and Spencer website after I hunted them down after seeing them before that in a magazine editorial, I was a little sceptical of M&S throwing up something so on trend, but I missed them and they sold out. Having the patience of a saint, I searched for them on ebay and they turned up-these are brown but were also available in black in stores. I brought what I thought was a size 7, but it turns out they are a 6.5, but they fit perfectly. In order for these boots to tick all the boxes I needed to put them to the test, which meant a traipse around the shops in town should do it. I am pleased to report they were as comfy as any flat, I only wish I hadn't have waited so long and got them first time around!

Oasis leather jacket, H&M sleeveless shirt, Warehouse jeans and M&S boots via ebay

Bank Holiday Monday Funday! Well they were the intentions. I had all the excitement of a kid in a candy shop at the prospect of going to the Sea Life Centre, only to get there to find the queues too long to bear. So we headed on over to Star City just outside Birmingham for Pizza Hut and Avengers action. If you haven't seen it I wholly recommend it! I've only seen one of the Iron Man films, and I watched Hulk by accident, but it still stood up as a film on it's own; you have to see it in 3D though to get the full 'action' experience.

This weekend I will be going to London. I'd like to think I'll remember to take lots of pictures of everything I see, but I am useless, I'm hoping for a couple of celeb spots. I'm trying to get better, if only for the sake of you guys that keep reading :)

KDx


No comments:

Post a Comment