Saturday 25 February 2012

Photoshoot fresh, looking like wealth, I'm about to call the Paparazzi on myself

Jay-Z and Kanye West "Otis"


H&M Trousers, Topshop chain drop armhole vest and Topshop 'Glam' black courts via ebay, River Island sequin clutch, Oasis leather jacket and carboot sale belt.

So this is how I actually wore the outfit I posted earlier on the blog, I swapped the brown gladiators for my Topshop 'Glam' black courts, whilst thinking 'What would Emmanuelle Alt do?!' She being my trouser-spiration of course. 

I was approached a few weeks ago in our local Lloyds bar, emerging from the ladies by a woman who turned out to be a sponsor and a judge for Miss Worcestershire, she suggested I entered, at which point I laughed in her face-standard response surely?! So after much encouragement/persuasion from friends I filled out the application and this is the outfit I wore to my 'open audition' last night. The dress code simply read 'smart' which leaves itself open to interpretation, the relaxed cut of the trousers and side pockets gave the overall look an element of nonchalance, which was the perfect mask for the fact I felt completely like a fish out of water!!  All was not as bad as I had first feared, by open audition, they meant an informal chat-style interview, I guess to judge your eligibility for the possible role. My impending fate will be decided by Monday...!!

In other news, I secured a standing ticket to see Jay-Z and Kanye West on the Watch The Throne tour when it comes to Birmingham in June, I am BEYOND excited. I am a massive fan of Jay (yeah, he lets me call him that) we're talking 15 plus albums on i-tunes. As for Kanye... whilst I can't fault his credibility as an artist, his personal exploits leave a lot to be desired, namely this incident at the 2009 VMAs...


Video via Youtube

I'm in hope that some Kanye style storm staging takes place at the Oscars this weekend, maybe Brad Pitt storming the stage to protest how his mate George (Clooney) should have won Best Actor in a Leading Role instead of Jean Dujardin... if only the Oscars were actually that interesting!


KDx


1 comment: