Tuesday 14 February 2012

Never mind I'll find someone like you

Adele "Someone Like You"


You would be forgiven for thinking this is another heartfelt cry about the ‘one that got away’ with it being Valentines Day and the fitting choice of title, and in a way it is… Except, when I talk about finding someone like you, I’m talking about interpreting trends (on a purse friendly budget) and I’m looking at you Stella McCartney!

No one worth their fashion credentials can ignore the influx of Spring/Summer 2012 ‘trends’ and ‘must buys’ that have been floating round the magazines and the internet. Now, I don’t consider myself to be particularly fashionable or led by trends, but I do appreciate it when something is in on trend that I like to wear as it means I can buy more of it. One trend that I did not see myself taking notice of was the ‘Pyjama Party’ that the likes of Stella, Jonathan Saunders and Jil Sander sent down the catwalk in their offerings for S/S ’12.

Images courtesy of Vogue UK and Telegraph Fashion

The reasons for this was not only the fact that wearing your pyjamas out in public was something that was reserved for late night car trips as a child, or late night takeaway trips as a uni student, but also because of my adversity to trousers. The only trousers I own are ACTUAL pyjamas.

A couple of weeks back, filling my lunch break at work browsing the shops, I found myself strangely drawn to some pyjama patterned, silk-to-the-touch, tailored 7/8th trousers. (On the trouser-phobe rating scale they score an 8 for complexity alone!) I tried them on, dabbled with the idea of them in my head, but returned them to the sale rack, even at only £7; there wasn’t enough pull to take them home with me.

On a quick dash into town at the weekend to buy essentials (hair bobbles and toiletries for those of you interested) between running errands, I sauntered past the sale rack in H&M and was once again met by these same trousers. Many of the beliefs that people place on relationships I place on shopping, for me, this was meant to be, these trousers were still there, last pair in my size, SOLD!

Just because I can’t get my head around trousers, doesn't mean I don’t admire/envy those that can pull the look off aplomb; Emmanuelle Alt, and Miranda Kerr to name a couple, besides being incredibly leggy and waif like are always in a good heel when rocking a killer trousered look. So here, laid on my bedroom floor with Alt and Kerr for inspiration, the trousers that I was meant to have, styled up how I think I will interpret the Pyjama Party trend. Here’s hoping I get further than a late night dash to buy take-away...


Troursers £7 H&M, Topshop chain drop arm hole vest and brown gladiator shoes via ebay


Here's a detail shot of the outfit, as the above image washed the colours out and I really wanted to show you the colour/pattern of the trousers.

On a side note, this alone is reason enough to love Emmanuelle Alt... Fashion Editor+Wham=AWESOME!


Youtube video found via the Guardian

KD x

No comments:

Post a Comment