Tuesday 28 February 2012

Where you been hiding lately, where you been hiding from the news?

Ben Howard "The Wolves"

Here's what I got up to the rest of the weekend. So as not to overload you with too much food related content in one go, you've had ample time to digest the first post (yep, pun intended), I'll continue. I have unintentionally given up alcohol for Lent, by this I mean I haven't had a drop since Lent began. My weekend was uncharacteristically quiet and devoid of any hard liquor. If I will stick to this accidental alcohol fast, only time will tell, which ultimately hangs in the balance once the weekend arrives. But the lack of alcohol has by no means meant a lack of indulgence, I have simply replaced drinking with eating, and a lot of it!


Saturday night, the bestest and I cooked a veritable feast!





To start we had herb poached egg, roasted asparagus and smocked salmon inspired by Jamie Oliver's "Jamie's Great Britain", followed by Moroccan chicken, lemon and courgette couscous, loosely following this recipe and this recipe, finishing with cinnamon baked pears inspired by this recipe, but we skipped on the sugar  and ameretti in replacement of chocolate Philadelphia, as gross as that sounds it's like the best chocolate cheesecake topping ever!

The real high point of the weekend though was the glimpse of sunshine!! It might not have stayed out long, and it might not have been that warm, but there was actual sunshine! I would like to think that this may be the long awaited signal of British Spring time? Those of you that follow me on Twitter will know that I fully embraced this fact and threw caution to the wind, along with my old faithful 60 denier tights and downgraded to 40s. Yes, I made the transition, and I urge you all to join in too!


H&M black maxi, charity shop St.Michael black and gold belt, Miss Selfridge coral multi-bead necklace


Pink Converse via ebay with H&M Kids pink ankle frill socks

This is actually what I wore Sunday to enjoy the last of the sun, as it was inevitably short lived. I also wore my Oasis leather jacket with this outfit, sunny it might have been but official maxi dress weather it was not. Being an all black outfit and not wanting to look like death walking, I livened my outfit with my baby pink Cons and matching frill ankle socks and a bright necklace, it's a great way to wear a normally Summer associated maxi dress in Spring. How do you ease yourself out of your winter wardrobes?

KDx

No comments:

Post a Comment