Sunday 26 February 2012

You won't get no dessert 'till you clean off your plate

Weird Al Yankovic "Eat it"


Having to work on a Saturday is a rarity, so I was only too happy to return home to find that this had arrived in the post for me, the only thing better than a bargain is an edible freebie:

Graze box

Those of you not familiar with Graze boxes (as I wasn't, prior to the introduction from a friend at work, who is also to thank for my lovely header and logo-Thanks Stu!) they bill themselves as 'Nature Delivered'. The idea is that you can select via their website foods you would like to be delivered-normally to your place of work, but as I did, to your home address, on dedicated days of the week in a letter boxed sized 100% biodegradable, recyclable box. The foods are arranged into categories, dips and dippers, breads, crackers, flapjacks, olives, natural treats, dried fruit and nut mixes, nuts, dried fruit and seeds. Prior to selecting your foods you rate them as either bin, try, like, love or send soon. This is then saved in your preferences, and depending on how you choose your box to be compiled, you will get a mixture of the items you have rated. I was tempted to cheat a little and select all of the items I had rated as 'send soon' but in my quest for the ultimate Ibiza body ( in just over 21 weeks, or only 149 days) I didn't as this would have resulted in flapjack, bread and dips, more flapjack and chocolate...Not really my idea of 'Nature Delivered', more like supermarket bakery delivered! You can also tailor your box further by selecting the 'Graze Health Eating Plans' whereby the boxes exlude or include specific foods, for instance the 'Light Box' only contains foods between 54 and 146 calories, other plans include the 'Boost Box' and the 'Eatwell Box'. 




  
First of all the box, I was really impressed by how well considered the packaging was, the personalisation on the welcome booklet was a really nice touch, as was the little bit of graffiti I found inside the box, 'ellie woz ere,' Hi Ellie!


Inside are the four foods I received, top left, Fruity Ploughmans, bramley apple and pear chutney with a roasted poppy seed flatbreads, top right, Apple and Cinamon flapjacks, bottom left, Pina Colada, dried pineapple, mango and coconut flakes and bottom right, Natural Vanilla Seed,vanilla sunflower seeds and vanilla pumpkin seeds. I wouldn't have necessarily chosen them, but that's the element of the Graze box I liked. You can also opt in to receive an email the evening before so you know what will be getting in your delivery, I call this cheating, but I also hate not knowing, so I did get my email Friday evening :) The food was perfectly portioned and really tasty, my favourite had to come in the form of the dried pineapple in the Pina Colada, something I had never considered, the Vanilla Seeds were also delicious and would make a nice addition to natural yoghurt, I may have to seek out a recipe....

Now the cost, Because I had a 'feed your friends' code, my  first box was free.But you still 
have to enter your card details for future deliveries, but even so you have up until the night before your scheduled delivery to cancel. The Graze boxes are priced at a very reasonable £3.79 per box, which I think is a complete steal! I wouldn't have a box delivered everyday to work as was the intention behind the original idea of Graze boxes, as I think it might become a little expensive over time, but as something to look forward to once a weekend, I would seriously consider it. I can really see how this idea would work for people that are chained to their desks and can't always gauruntee they will be able to escape the confides of their office to pick up a healthy, albeit natural lunch via the lure of the fast food outlets en route. 

For all of you that are interested in trying Graze boxes out for yourself for free, visit the website here and enter the code CLQN2GH.

KDx

No comments:

Post a Comment