Wednesday 15 August 2012

Triangles are my favourite shape

Alt+J "Tessellate"

Happy Hump Day!

Mid-week treat this week consists of peanut butter, dark chocolate and banana cookies...Yum!


I used this recipe from All Recipes website as a guide, but strayed a little (baker suicide!) by adding more banana and chocolate, but I do have my reasons and the recipe still worked out. 125g of banana is about one and a half, which if you are trying to use up over-ripe bananas, kinda defeats the object of throwing half away, so I used two, which weighed about 165g in total. The recipe asks for 40g of dark chocolate chips, but as I didn't have any, I crushed a 100g bar of dark chocolate with a hammer to get chunks(ish). As a new lover to peanut butter, (no idea how it stayed off my radar for so long!) I used a combination of smooth and chunky so you could tell what was in it.

My only gripe with the recipe is that it suggests it makes 30....30? I managed 14, and even then the first batch that went in the oven were a little on the small side. If they had sights on them being the size of a Maryland cookies then objective achieved, but I was hoping for more of an American sized cookie, which I still didn't manage. If When I make this recipe again I will double the quantities and make the balls of dough twice the size before they go into the oven, and I also recommend patting them down slightly before baking as the dough has been in the fridge for at least an hour (mine was over night) they don't spread too much, but this does mean they stay nice and plump!

Fashion posting will resume, but at present my sweet tooth reigns supreme!

KDx 

P.s Don't forget you can still get 20% off at Motel Rocks... there's now a handy little link on the sidebar!

No comments:

Post a Comment