Friday 16 March 2012

Fools. Know. Bright. Eyes.

SBTRKT ft. Roses Gabor "Pharaohs"


I've got a lot of time on my hands... no really...


Blues and Greens l-r: Barry M 209 'Spring Green', Boots No.17 'Mint Choc Chip', Topshop 104 'Green Room',  Barry M 304 'Mint Green', and 294 'Cyan Blue'.
Pinks and Reds l-r: Collection 2000 Hot Rocks Collection 34 'Hoola Hoop', and 43 'Fruit Salad', Nails Inc 'Tate', and Barry M 309 'Strawberry Ice Cream'. 

When I find myself at a loose end, and in need of a little pick me up, I paint my nails. I am literally wearing my spare time on my hands. I can happily spend a few hours getting them to look perfect, it also means I am reluctant to let anyone else paint them as I am so particular. In this instance I couldn't decide what colour to go for, namely because I didn't know what outfit I would be wearing tonight; my nails have to coordinate just enough or clash but never match, so when in doubt go for 10! Excessive?

I was inspired by this picture I saw over on Geneva's 'A Pair And A Spare', but I cannot remember where I saw it previously, I guess that's the problem when you indulge your eyes with endless pics of Fashion Week. 


Picture Grazia IT via A pair and a spare

It's needless to say that painting my nails on a Thursday night has become a bit of a weekly ritual, I am incessant on painting my nails and letting them set properly over night. I don't know when else I would be able to sit still for long enough not doing anything, I think myself out of watching films for gods sake as I can't commit to that long a silence! So this makes perfect sense.

Other recent nail looks have also included:

The almost  perfect green, but not quite right shades from Topshop, 'Gone Fishing' and 'Green Room' as above.

The lilac love in extends from clothes to my nails. A Purple manicure, Barry M 308 'Berry Ice Cream' and Nails Inc 'Belgrave Place' tips.

It's not just my fingers that get the nail treatment, I always paint my toe nails. I don't care if no one else will see them, I will, and that's one person too many that would be seeing my otherwise naked nail.

My look of the moment is:

Base colour and leopard spots Barry M 308 Berry 'Ice Cream', as above and Boots No. 17 'Sherbet Lemon'. The glitter on my third toes comes courtesy of Y.C.C Nail Enamel's 103.

I had been really impressed by Gem Fatale's leopard nail tutorial, which you can find here, but the idea of using liquid eyeliner seemed a bit defunct to me, as I couldn't get a top coat on quick enough afterwards without smudging my eyeliner handiwork. Step in the 'Sharpie Fine Point Marker' 

Ta Dah! 

My leoparding kit!

Super Sharpie saved the day! You have more control over the 'leoparding' so if you follow Gem's tutorial, just switch the eyeliner for a marker. I'm yet to try any other colour of marker, but can't see why it wouldn't work... when I test it out I will be sure to let you all know. Don't restrict yourself to just leopard though, zebra stripes would be easy to create with this pen, and it dries in double quick time.

What coloured nails are you all rocking this season? Are you influenced by nail 'trends'?

KDx


1 comment:

  1. I love multi-coloured nails, I'm the opposite though, never seem to have the time xxx

    ReplyDelete